The Learn & Play Café is now open!!! We are very excited to have you back! As with all businesses, things have changed. Please read through and let us know if you have any questions.
What has changed?
- Hours – We have changed our hours to be Monday to Friday 9 AM – 3 PM and Saturdays 10 – 4.
- We now have Tap!
- Café layout – We have arranged our space to ensure the tables are at least 6 feet apart and the kid areas are in “stations” to encourage social distancing.
- Capacity – we have removed a table and cut our facility capacity in half.
- Cleaning – Ironically, this is the area that has not changed very much since we always cleaned a lot. When you are dealing with babies and toddlers, we all know there is a lot of slobber! However, we will be increasing the cleaning as follows:
- The toys on the floor will be swamped and cleaned at 11:30 AM and 3 PM. We would ask you assist us at the 11:30 toy swap as the kids might wonder why we are removing toys but we have 2 of everything so we will simply swamp the dirty and put out the clean toys.
- There are some things that had to be pulled to meet government requirements. These include our felt board, most of our sensory bin items (but not all) and our dress up clothes.
- Some items we still have, however, they will not be out on the floor but we encourage you to ask for and we will bring it to your table. Once finished with it, we will sanitize.
- Books, puzzles, markers, glue, scissors, puppets
- There will now be two dirty toy bins on the floor. We encourage you to put any dirty toys in these bins once your child has finished playing with it.
- Programming – Programming will still be at 10:30 and 1:30, however it will change from day to day rather than be set activities.
- There will be no more singing – some of our staff are sad, some – not so much!
- We will have story time, however we will ask the kids to spread out by sitting on assigned mats.
- Crafts will now be at your table instead of being gathered around one big table.
- Birthday parties – we have not sorted out how birthday parties will work. If you are looking to host a party at the Café, please let us know and we will work together to figure out a safe solution.
- Date Night – Again, we will figure out how we can run these and keep you posted!!
- All of our staff will be wearing masks at all times.
We ask that you be patient with us as we figure out our new processes. We welcome your feedback and we are looking forward to seeing all of you soon!